Wonderful watercolour


Hi Crafty Friends!
Wonderful to see you here as always! I'm joining in the Honey Bee Stamps Buzzworthy Challenge  #3

 
 I knew I had to use the Swimming By set that I have for this challenge as these blue and turquoise Distress Oxides are two of my favorites!
I started by cutting a rectangle of water colour cardstock and sponging with Blueprint Sketch and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Inks.  I then used my Honey Bee Stamps underwater stencils to take some of the ink away with a baby wipe (to do this, I placed the stencil over the watercolour, sponged the babywipe through the stencil to remove the ink)
I added water bubbles with white pigment ink and seaweed with a darker grey pigment ink.  I stamped our the mermaid onto watercolour card with versafine ink and embossed with clear powder.  I then coloured with an aquash brush:
Hair - Tea Die & Ground Expresso distress ink
Tail: Mermaid Lagoon & Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide Inks
skin: Tattered Rose Distress ink
I added detail dots with a white gel pen.
Hope you enjoyed this card and stop by the facebook page to see the other challenge entries or add your own!!
Ali xx


No comments