MFT and Friends - Safari Friends Bookmarks




Hello fellow crafters!!

 Such a pleasure to be joining you again  as a Guest Designer at MFT for the MFT and Friends feature.


The link to the main MFT post is here is you want to find your way back!

Well, another amazing release later and I hope this gives you lots of inspiration for creating with the new release! I adore the new Safari Friends Stamp and Die set and thought that the combination with the new Dynamics Cross-Stitch Bookmark die was so cute!

The bookmark die can of course be used for cross stitching but it also can form a great background texture for your images. You can also use the bookmark die without the cross-stitch section - so versatile!! In these two bookmarks, I've used the die to cut-out (where the holes are fully die-cut) and also an impression die - where the impression of the holes/dots is there, but not cut-out.
For the impression dots, I ran the die through my big shot with a silicone mat (on the 1 plate of my bigshot) so it just made an impression and did not cut.
I used the Safari Friends stamp set (and a tree from the Cuddly Koalas Stamp and die set) for my images and coloured them with Copics.

I've been trying a few new ideas with my colouring - including having greater gradiation between my darkest and lightest colour, just to get some more variation in my images. Hope you enjoyed this project as much as I did creating it!
 Thanks again for stopping by and make sure you visit the other designer's blogs and MFT friends blogs for loads more ideas (main link at the top of this post)

Ali xx














2 comments

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful to have you guesting with MFT, Ali! LOVE your Safari bookmarks--so cute!

Ali Farmer (alilovescardmaking) said...

Thanks so much Donna! I really adore this set and loved being part of the mft and Friends!!