Penguin Palace - Hedgehogs In Love

Hello there and lovely of you to visit my blog! Today's card is a simple but cute little scene created with the adorable Hedgehogs in Love set from Penguin Palace. Its a night sky scene with a beautiful full moon - the two little hedgehogs huddled together- a romantic card for Valentines day. Awww.
I've created the night scene with my distress Oxide Inks on watercolour card - Dusty Concord, Wilted Violet and black Soot coming in from the very top. I then splattered with water and white acrylic paint (gesso).
The moon I cut out with a circle die from watercolor card and 'blotched' with Hickory Smoke and Antique linen distress inks (using a paintbrush and water) to create the moon 'shadows'. I colored my Hedgehogs with copics and die cut them with the corresponding dies.
Some dark-green card, edged with a grassy die-cut completes the scene placed on a kraft card-base. Grey copics were used to create shadows on the hillside.
Hope you enjoyed it and I will see you again soon!

Ali xx

1 comment

~amy~ said...

Oh how SWEET! Love your color choices Ali!