Reverse Confetti Blog Hop and Creative Process Ideas



Hello Fetti Fans! Welcome back, nice to see you here on my blog! It's blog hop time at Reverse Confetti and we are showcasing Critters. If you have followed me on my various social media (Instagram, Youtube) you guys know how much I love critters! I also have some hints in this post the creative process and how to achieve cohesiveness in your card designs! Full hop listing is at the end of my post.
I love colouring ctitters and do adore the 'cute factor' to stamping with them. The Crafty Critters from the latest release was one of my favorites. Fantastic for sending to those crafty pals and especially Valentines Day coming up - perfect for a "Galentine's" gift. I also used the Oh My Heart Cover Panel and a heart from the Hearts Confetti Cuts set for background elements for my card.

I often read that people have trouble thinking of ideas or inspiration for cards so thought I would give you a quick run-down on the creative process I often use. I must mention that this is just my process through trial-and-error. I don't have any particular education or training in art, design or colour design. So this is just my advice from personal-experience.
- Start with a stamp: pick as stamp or image you really like or want to use
- Notice some of the features or patterns of the stamp (in my card it was the polk-a-dots on the bunny dress)
- Find a background paper, stencil or embossing folder with a similar pattern/feature. Or create your own background my using the 'smaller' stamps if there are any in the set. The colours in patterned paper can often help determine the colours you use in colouring your image - I love that patterned papers are often always designed by those with colour knowledge (a lot more knowledge than me!) so all the co-ordination has been done for you! Sometimes its easier to pick a paper with one or two colours - or pick one or two colours from the paper that you like and focus on those.
 - Add a complementary pattern (in this case is was hearts) and then find accents to 'repeat' this on the card (in my case the small heart punch, the heart vellum behind the image).
- Keep in mind when designing your layout of images etc that a little asymetry (uneven placement of images or sentiments) can add interest and a cute quirkiness.
I hope that helps you with some of your own creative process ideas. The patterned paper I used in my card was the Sweet As Sugar 6x6 paper pad. I've covered my image with C Grey Copics (C00, C1, C3, C7).

Thanks for joining us for this hop - hope it inspires you with the wonderful critters from the Reverse Confetti New Release.



Ali x

8 comments

~amy~ said...

So cute Ali and thanks for the tips!

SmilynStef said...

polka dot hearts are super-fun

Mrsfish02 said...

Hearts are perfect for this season, and polk-a-dot, super fun. The critters are always so great and I love that little love note in his hand. Nicely done.

NPurdum56 said...

What a cute card! Thanks for sharing your creative tips! They are most helpful!

Empor said...

Baby Girl Clothes, Kids Designer Clothes, Toddler Clothes, Boys Winter Coats, Girls Christmas Dress
Baby Boy Clothes
Baby Girl Dresses

sharon g said...

Oh, I love the polka dot. AND the bunny crafting. AND the colors. AND the hearts. The hearts might be my favorite part.

Karthikha said...

Polka dots with hearts! So darling :)

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Cute card. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com