Peace, Joy, Merry Inspiration hop

 Hello Fetti Fans! Hope you are loving the inspiration hop - there's heaps of ideas and wonderful projects from the team and friends on this hop. I had to use the wonderful Snowflake Season stamp set for my card - I just love the intricate designs in the snowflakes and the variety of sizes makes it really versatile. 

To start this card I used the emboss-resist technique. This involves stamping the images with Versafine ink onto cardstock and using clear powder to emboss the images (Hint: Make sure to use a good coating of anti-static powder on your cardstock before stamping and embossing). I slightly overlapped the images to give a fuller look to the design. I then used Distress Oxide inks (Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and Salvaged Patina) to colour over the piece - the clear embossing will 'resist' the ink only allowing colour on the paper where there is no embossing. I also splattered the piece with water droplets to add further variation to the background. Wiping your piece with a paper towel when finished clears any ink residue off the embossed images leaving them to show the colour of cardstock beneath it - in my case, white. 

I trimmed this piece and adhered to a white cardbase. For the Peace sentiment, I used the same technique, but gave the white cardstock a light layer of colour before stamping the images in versafine & clear embossing, then adding more colour with the same colours over the top. I then used the Layered Peace Die to cut the word and shadow (in white).
The Joy and Merry sentiments are from Seasonal Say It All. They are stamped with versafine ink and white embossed on black cardstock. 

Hope this inspires you to give this technique a go if you haven't already. 
Here's the full hop listing for you to enjoy!

Thanks for hopping along!
Ali x


2 comments

~amy~ said...

I love how you were inspired by the Snowflake Season, I'm super inspired by your card!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

This is stunning with all of the snowflakes and the sweet Peace title!! Beautiful!