Reverse Confetti Crazy Crabs

Hello Fetti Fans! Thanks for visiting my blog.
Today I have a cute interactive card for you inspired by the lovely @allbygrace (find her on Instagram) and a really cute card she made with two moving crabs.  She used a hidden slider channel to make them move. I though I would give this a go and had the perfect set - the Let's Shellabrate from Reverse Confetti!! Check out my instagram if you haven already for a quick video (@alilovescardmaking).


 Sets Used:
Let's Shellabrate Stamps & Dies
Hooray & Cheers Word Duos
Over The Rainbow Confetti Cuts
Word Up Stamp Set

I began by cutting a channel for my slider - if you have dies similar you can use those. I cut two 'wavey' lines and then cut the edges to create a slider channel.
I then used a piece of acetate to attach to the slider element (I used an mft element but you can use 2 small rectangles of 3D foam stuck together instead) and to the penny/coin on the other side of the card. Pic below is the front of the card. I have brushed the sky with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink.  I have used double sided foam tape at the bottom of this piece to lift the front panel of 'sand' so that the slider can move freely!
Pic below is the back of the card. I did use 3 layers of foam tape on the back of the card so that the coin could slide freely also.
I stamped my images with momento Ink and coloured them with copics. I coloured them as 'blue swimmer crabs' which is what we commonly have here in Australia. I cut a sand piece and Hooray die (which I had coloured with distress Oxide Inks).
A hint: dust your track with powder tool or something similar to make your crab slide better and make your waves a little 'flat' so that your slider does not get 'caught' on the slopes!
Hope you enjoyed my card and I will see you again soon!

Ali xx

5 comments

~amy~ said...

Ali, LOVE this.

Ali Farmer (alilovescardmaking) said...

Thanks so much Amy xxx😁😁

aufspapiergebracht said...

such a funny card ;)))
Elizabeth

Ali Farmer (alilovescardmaking) said...

Thanks Elizabeth! It is fun to make him scuttle!! 😁❤️

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Eeeek! This is adorable and so fun! It makes me giggle, too! I love your tutorial pics; I've made this type of card countless times before, but not with this process, and this is GREAT! I pinned it on a couple of my Pinterest boards :)