Reverse Confetti Purple Beauty

Hello Fetti Fans! It's been a while since I played with my Polychromo Pencils so I decided to dust them off for this card. If you were lucky enough to pick up the Wonderful You set from Reverse Confetti for this past Stamptember (collaboration with Simon Says Stamp), then I hope this inspires you to try something a little different with this set. But if you weren't quick enough to grab that particular set, stay tuned to the end of my post as I have another example using Beautiful Memories of how you can use the same technique with similar stamp sets!

I used a technique I first saw Yana Smakula do - stamp the image using a stamp positioner in a light ink on kraft card (leave the stamp in the positioner so you can stamp again after your colouring). colour the image with your pencils and then restamp in versamark ink and gold embossing powder. Make sure you first give your coloured in image a good tapping with your powder tool or anti-static tool so that embossing powder does not stick where it shouldn't!.

I cut out my images and layed them on a background that I had stamped randomly with the same image in versamark ink. I stamped the sentiment on black card and gold embossed it and trimmed to a strip, adhering accross the card front.
Polychromo Colours used:
249, 136. 138, 140 (purples and blue)
165, 167, 168 (greens)

You can dot he same technique with other stamp sets - the one below is done with the new and oh-so-lovely Beautiful Memories Stamp set! It's a more subtle effect (I only stamped a few background images so it didn't look too busy).
Such a pretty effect! There are more beautiful florals at Reverse Confetti that you could try this with too!
I hope you enjoyed this card and that it inspires you to try something a little different!
Thanks for stopping by!

Ali

1 comment

~amy~ said...

These are gorgeous Ali!