Reverse Confetti Blog Hop Snowflakes



Hello Fetti Fans! Welcome back to my blog for this special Hop for the release of the very pretty Snowflakes Stamp and die set. This is an exclusive set only available for purchase through the Reverse Confetti Website. See details about these products on the Reverse Confetti blog and respective product pages. My cards for today celebrate the versatility of this set and the oh-so-pretty snowflakes can be used for many different designs - a snowflakes set is a stash staple!
Stay tuned at the end of my post for the full blog-hop listing!


My cards are quite different, but I tied them together with a similar colour scheme. The first card was made by stamping and silver-embossing a number of the snowflake images and die cutting them all. I then took a standard cardbase and trimmed the front. I layed the snowflakes out and placed a piece of Glad press n Seal over them to keep them in place (Jennifer McGuire style!). I then glued them together and when dry, glued this to the cardfront, trimming the overhanging edges. This is a see-through card and is such a pretty effect!
I finished it by die-cutting a Blessed word and backing with some velum which I fussy-cut to sit behind the Blessed word.  The second card was simple and easy. I stamped some snowflake images on a piece of white card and white embossed them. I then used a blending brush to layer some Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers ink lightly on the same card piece (this is called the emboss-resist technique).   I die-cut another blessed word from silver cardstock and fussy cut a vellum border to place behind it. I trimmed this panel and placed on a white card base. 
Hope you enjoyed these cards and the rest of the blog hop! 
Here's the hop listing!
Enjoy! Ali xx




2 comments

~amy~ said...

Ali! I love your cards, they're both gorgeous. So fun to see them featured in different styles.

Jean said...

Stunning snowflakes!!