Miss Ink Stamps Pretty Magnolias


Hello Crafters! Welcome to my blog and to today's card - a pretty Miss Ink Stamps card made with  the Gardenia stamp set and the Circular Harlequin Stencil.  The technique I have used is the Watercolour Lifting technique - this is where you remove your ink from the watercolour paper with a waterbrush and papertowel or a baby wipe.
I began by using my distress Oxide inks to create an ombre like background on a piece of water colour paper. I used Victorian Velvet and Tattered rose Distress Oxide inks. Once dry, I used my antistatic pad to fully dry off the background. I then stamped with Versamark ink, the Gardenia stamp and white embossed the image.
I layed the harlequin stencil over the image and pressed over it in the area shown with a baby-wipe to remove some of the ink from the paper underneath. I then used a water brush to colour inside the image lines and alternately dabbed with a paper towel to remove the ink from the flower image.
I trimmed the background piece to go on a white cardfront, created a thin white frame and adhered this to it. I stamped and white embossed the sentiment on a black sentiment strip. I adhered this to the front of the card.
So easy and such a pretty effect!

Thanks for visiting and see you again next time!
Ali xx




No comments