Countdown to Confetti Day 3

 Hi Fetti Fans! Day 3 today of the Countdown To Confetti - and today it's the wonderful Humming Bird and Oceans of Love Sets. I have also featured the Circle Element, Circle of Waves and Stitched Pinwheel Cover Plate.

 My first two projects use the Hummingbirds set. These cuties are so adorable and can be colored in a multitude of ways! I created my background for both cards at once. I used the smooching technique (Distress Oxide inks on acetate, sprayed with water and smooched onto watercolor card). The colours I used were Squeezed Lemonade, Kistch Flamingo Once the background piece was dry, I sprayed it with Shimmer Spray and also used the tube to splatter larger droplets on the piece. When dry, I used the Circle Element and Circle of waves dies to cut background pieces for two cards.

 I stamped and colored the images with Copics, adding details with a white fine Posca Pen. I adhered the Circle Of Waves pieces to a square white cardbase and adhered the images and sentiment which I had stamped with versamark ink on black cardstock strip.

 

 The other background piece I cut to fit a white cardbase and rounded the edges of both. I adhered the images and sentiment as before.

 

 May be an image of text that says "all enjoy the little things erse confe hdkhoy hi, friend vright all mages birdie erse confe confe wishes ght mag ollim allima all all all-im confe allima SUPPORT design NOT CRIME all images live your life in conf R FULL BLOOM hummingbird REVERSE CONFETTI 4x6 stamp set"  May be an image of text  May be an image of text

 For my second project, I created another smooched background with blue Oxide Inks (I used Blueprint Sketch and Broken China). When dry, I also splattered this piece with shimmer spray (both droplets and sprayed). Once dry, I used the Stitched Pinwheel Cover Plate to cut some 'wedges' from the piece. I adhered them to a white cardbase.

I stamped and colored the images from Oceans Of Love with Copics, die-cut them and adhered to the card as shown with a sentiment from the set.

I love the stitched detail on this card - if you like this one, I'll have another similar variation for my Blog Hop post tomorrow! 
 May be an image of ‎text that says "‎copyright etfi هll sending you OCEANS love pyright no mage fintastic wou all 3 elti SUPPORT design NOT CRIME keep erse con mages R REVERSE CONFETTI oceans of love stamp set‎"‎  May be an image of text  May be an image of text
 

11 comments

Isabel Z said...

These are so pretty; I love the colors and your designs.

Carmela said...

Wow, I love the backgrounds on your cards. So beautiful. Just love both of these new sets!

~amy~ said...

Love these, I always love your choice of colors.

Audrey said...

Love the colorful backgrounds!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the use of the swirl in the
nautical card. Wonderful cards.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Wendy said...

Beautiful ❤

Denise Bryant said...

Love these cards! Beautiful coloring and details! The hummingbirds and sea creatures are just adorable! Fabulous job on the backgrounds!

sharon g said...

Your hummingbird is unlike any I have ever seen---HOW COOL!!!!!!!!!! I just love this card.

Roxy T said...

"The colours I used were Squeezed Lemonade, Kistch Flamingo "....what was the 3rd colour? They look amazing together and I would love to know so I can recreate the look.

Amanda Wilcox said...

I love it all!!! The backgrounds are gorgeous and your critters are just perfect! I'm in love with the turtles!

Alexandra Y said...

Your backgrounds are so PRETTY!