Mermaid waves


Hi Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you have had an amazing week - my two teens have headed back to school for a new year so I have the house to myself again (to craft, not to clean!!  hehe)

 I have a joyful card today made with the Honey Bee Stamps "Swimming By" mermaid - isn't she so cute? I already have a couple of mermaid sets - but, hey, you can never have too many mermaids - right? 
The background piece is made by smooching Distress inks (Cracked Pistacho, Peacock Feathers) - I love to use a piece of acetate, push the ink pads onto the acetate, spray with water and then lay my watercolour paper onto the acetate (or alternatively lay your watercolour paper down and press your inked acetate onto it). In this case, I inked the acetate in a wave shape before placing the watercolour paper onto it.  I also used some normal distress inks in the same colours to give some variation in texture.  
I added ink in a few layers, drying with my heat too in-between. I then Stamped the mermaid in tattered rose Distress Ink on the same type of watercolour paper (I used heavy weight waterclour paper) and no-line coloured her with Polychromo Pencils.  He hair was a delight to colour, I have to say!! I die cut her with the corresponding die.
I then stamped the sentiment with my new My Favorite Things Extreme Black Pad (and yes, it is 'blacker' than my Memento - and stays black) unlike my memento which does dry to a slightly grey-black, now I have a comparison. Loving this new ink so far!
To finish the card, I placed my background piece onto a Kraft card base, attached my  mermaid and my die cut sentiments. A few Clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh finished the card.

Thanks for visiting and hope you join me again!
Ali xx

No comments