Repeated Sentiment Stamping - Valentine Bear

Hi Crafty Friends! 

For my card today I have used a technique demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire and her recent video about sentiment stamping techniques.  I love the font and range of sentiments with the Beary Big Heart Set (HDS, SSS, ATC) and though immediately that this set would be perfect to create a striking sentiment background! With Valentine's Day coming up - well it just all came together with this gorgeous set!
I began the card with a white smooth cardstock base-piece.  I used the sentiments from the set placing them on my acrylic block in two rows "I (heart) U  Be Mine" and "Happy Valentine's Day". I then stamped this in black Versafine Ink (SSS, ATC) (starting in the middle and working up and down) slightly moving the acrylic block over each time. Once this was done, I used the sentiments separately to "fill the gaps".  I trimmed this piece and used a small corner rounder (SSS) to round the corners (to echo the look of the rounded edges of the heart and little bear) and attached to my black card-base (also with rounded edges).
I then stamped the bear from Bearly Big Heart and die cut a heart from red glitter paper. I coloured the bear (except the heart) with copics and added detail with a white gel pen. I fussy cut the bear out and cut away the heart so that I could substitute it with my die-cut glitter heart.
I cut a small rectangle of Vellum (SSS) and rounded the edges and adhered to the background piece. I adhered the bear and heart with 3d foam. No sentiment required as the background piece says it all!!
Thanks for visiting my blog today and I will see you next time!
Ali xx

2 comments

susan.w said...

Beary, beary cute Valentine card, Ali! The added vellum is perfect to anchor the focal point. Have a great day.

Ali Farmer (alilovescardmaking) said...

Thanks so much Susan for the lovely comment xx :-)