Cue the Confetti Bookmarks



Hi Fellow Crafters!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and welcome to the blog-hop!! See full list after my post.
Loving my gig as a 'Fetti friend - these stamps, dies and paper pads are such great quality and I love that the images are different to other companies and they make a refreshing change, yet are still so versatile.


If you are anything like me then you have a huge stash of paper scraps, ribbon and string\twine sitting in your craft room that you wish you could use more often.  Well, for this Reverse Confetti Post - I love that the Striped Circle Cover Panel with its bookmark-perfect dimensions is so versatile it will mean you can use up some of those bits-and-pieces that are crying out to be used!!
I paired it with the Cue The Confetti Paper pad and The Most Beauty Stamp set to create 3 easy bookmarks and in the process gleefully used up some of my stash of plain paper and ribbon!

The theme for this post was Anything But A Card (ABC) - I love the practical side of cardmaking so a bookmark is always the next best thing in my book (see what I did there??).
I am in LOVE with the Striped Circle Cover Panel - what I did notice when looking at it was that one half is exactly the right dimensions to create a bookmark - making the process easy peasy!

To create these bookmarks:
  •  Place your patterned paper so that you use just one half of the panel die to cut strips. Cue The Confetti is so bright and happy that it was perfect! 
  • Then choose a piece of coloured paper to go behind each one (picking one of the coordinating colours out of the paper pattern) to adhere behind the die-cut paper. 
  • Make a template of a simple bookmark from white card (I did 3)
  • Adhere the patterned paper panel to the bookmark base.
  • Stamp out sentiments from The Most Beauty in Versamark ind on black card and white emboss them.  Trim and round the corners. 
  • Adhere sentiment panel to the front of the bookmark.
  • Finish them off with co-ordinting ribbon and twine threaded through the top.
Easy, gorgeous and I used us some of my stash with this versatile coverplate, stamps and paper!!

Thanks for joining me and happy crafting xx
Here's the other amazing projects:




 See you again soon x
Ali xx

6 comments

~amy~ said...

These are perfect! What a great use of the Striped Circle Cover Panel!

Kathy said...

Very cool bookmarks....hope you don’t mind if I do the same for my grands!

Christine said...

I love making bookmarks, too, and it was a brilliant idea to use that cover plate. They turned out so bright and cheerful!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Ali, these are awesome...what a clever idea!

sharon g said...

I make a lot of bookmarks because I'm a reader, and know readers. LOVE these. I like the patterned papers that you added.

cljordison said...

These would be fun to give to student with a new book at back to school open house! Great idea. Thanks for sharing your talents!🌞