Greatest Adventure Star Effect Card


Hello crafters! 
Thanks for joining me for another of my Reverse Confetti Posts - My time as a Fetti Friend is nearly at an end and it's been so much fun!!! 


Today I'm bringing you this Star Effect Card - the effect of the cross-over pieces in this card perfectly mirror the tee-pee shape and also trees in the Greatest Adventure Set. Warning though - this post is photo heavy - I wanted to show you the set-by-step process.  If you'd like to watch a good Youtube video of this card technique - I watched Dawn Lewis' video ( Star Effect Standing Card tutorial)
 You will need a large (6"x6") square envelope to post this card.

  • Start with 1x piece of 6"x6" card and 1 x 6"x6" coloured paper (I used the gorgeous paper from Cue The Confetti).
  • Cut both pieces down to 5" x 6"
  • fold the patterned paper short-side to short-side (to find the middle). Cut the patterned paper down the centre.
  • Then cut each half top right to bottom left & top left to bottom right (as shown below)
  • Cut the plain card piece to one corner and again to the other corner as shown below.

  • The pieces you should have are shown below
  • Cut a thin strip from the 2 'straight' sides of the patterned paper to make them slightly smaller than the plain card triangles.
  • Stick your patterned paper pieces to the plain card pieces.
  • Assemble and adhere the two separate triangles as shown below (I used my cutting mat to make sure the angles were all even).
  • Fold the larger triangle together and cut a slit (measure up the angle edge 2" and cut down 3/4". The crossed triangles then 'sit' in this slit. 
  • By folding the back piece slightly the card stands as below.
To complete the card, I stamped out the images from Greatest Adventure and coloured them with copics, cutting them out with the corresponding dies.
  • I die-cut some trees from patterned paper and added them to the cute scene.
  • When the back panel is bent slightly, the card stands like a "star".

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you try your own version soon!!

Ali xx





1 comment

~amy~ said...

This is pure AMAZING. I love your creativity!