Mama Elephant Rustic Peonies in Bloom



Hello crafters! Welcome! Today's card is really a celebration of my eclectic style and the companies that make the stamps that suit it! Mama Elephant stamps is one of my favourite companies for that reason - they have the most adorable and sweet critter images as well as lovely florals and more decorative style stamps.
This allows me to explore my eclectic style and enjoy making lots of different types of cards.  This rustic-feel card was made with the Peonies in Bloom set from Mama Elephant with smooching and splattering (very technical terms haha!) used to give texture. My supplies are from The Scrapbook Store in Perth which I have the pleasure of designing for - so many Mama Elephant products and crafty goodies for Aussie crafters!

The first step was to stamp and white emboss the peonies on watercolour card. I then used my silicone mat (mine is an inexpensive Pet mat from Kmart) to smooch the Spun Sugar Distress Ink pad and tap on my worn lipstick refill. I then sprayed these with water and smooched my peony piece into the ink. I applied ink, dried and smooched a number of times to get the layering of colour. 

When dry, I fussy-cut out the Peonies. For the light background piece, I splattered Tea Die Distress Oxide and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks on watercolour paper and dried. The Kraft cardbase is splattered with white gesso (mixed with a little water). I mix and splatter my inks from an acrylic block with a stiff paintbrush.

I adhered all elements together as shown and stamped a sentiment from the Wild Meadow stamp set and white embossed it.

Pretty and rustic! 

Thanks for visiting
Ali xx


No comments