Countdown To Confetti Day 2 - Reverse Confetti

 Hello Fetti Fans! It's Day 2 and we have more fun projects to show you before the new release is available! Today's sets are Lantern, Lantern Additions and In All Things.

 

 Don't forget there's prizes to be won!

 

My first card is using the Lantern and Lantern Additions sets. I absolutely love those lanterns and just had to make them into an interactive light-up card! I used the EZ lights from Pear Blossom Press to create my lantern card and make it glow beautifully. I began by die cutting a Center Frame Cover Panel from Kraft card and backing it with vellum.

I stamped, coloured and die cut the lanterns and candles and created holes in the candle flames and the Cover panel. I adhered the EZ light to the back of the Center Frame Cover Panel piece and positioned the lights so that they shone through the holes created. I adhered the lanterns (popping up with 3D foam) and then adhered this to the front of a kraft card base.

I stamped the Sunflower image from the Lantern Additions Set, colored and die cut it. I positioned this on the card so that the flowers were directly above the switch button for the EZ light. When you press on the flower image, the lanterns light up!I stamped the sentiment on black card, white embossed it and adhered to the front of the card.

For the second card, I stamped the Wreath image from In All Things onto Kraft card using my Misti and a light Distress Oxide Ink. I kept the stamp in my Misti in the same position so that I could re-stamp the image once colored. I colored the image with Polychromo Pencils. Once colored, I placed the colored piece back in my Misti and restamped the image with Versamark Ink. I then gold embossed the image.

I die-cut the Wreath of Joy letters from gold card and modified the 'o' by using a circle die to trim. I die cut a Double Stitch Window Cover Panel from Kraft card, stamped with the sentiment and adhered to a brown card base with 3D foam. I adhered the Wreath and letters to the window.

Hope you are finding the new release as fun as we are! Here's the sets. Links will be added after release day on the 8th!

Here's the creative blog list

Thanks for joining us!

Ali x

9 comments

Lauryne Cunningham said...

Wow! Beautiful! The lanterns look so pretty against the kraft card stock!

Kathy said...

Great idea to make blue Lanterns!

Kelsey Thomas said...

Amazing light up card!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: So beautiful! Just gorgeous! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Sra. Spitzer said...

Wow! That light-up card is a showstopper! I like it both ways... lit is really spectacular but even unlit is really pretty. And the wreath!! That gold embossing powder really makes that card!!Thanks for sharing!
Lori in PA

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous cards! I really love those beautiful lanterns!

bienchen mittwollen said...

Love the interactive element!! Definitely have to try this one day 😍

MadeByMeghanK said...

OMG! The light up lantern is amazing! And I love the JOY!

Connie said...

Hi Ali :) Love! Love! Love all the light you've added to your cards!!! Amazing! Thanks for inspiring me :)